mac address

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 12:01:47 EDT 2006

| Is it possible to get the mac address of a device
| with python 2.4 using code which works in wxp and linux
| rather than requiring some code for windows and some
| other code for linux ?

I'm fairly sure the answer's no. It wouldn't be beyond
the wit of man to produce a library with conditional
imports or checks against the sys.platform etc. which
did sensible things. If you Google the archives for this
group you'll see similar questions a few times in the
past, so maybe there are some starting points for you
there. (On Win32 I'd use WMI, but that's just because...)

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk