how do you get the name of a dictionary?

Simon Brunning simon at brunningonline.net
Fri Sep 8 06:15:31 EDT 2006

On 8 Sep 2006 02:24:49 -0700, MonkeeSage <MonkeeSage at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess I don't get the problem with the OP's request, either. There is
> already a name<->identifier mapping in place for objects.

Do you mean a name<->object mapping?

This, I think, isn't true. There is a name->object mapping, but to
make that a name<->object mapping *would* carry an overhead. It might
(or might not) be a *small* overhead, but since every single Python
program would suffer the consequences, it's just not worth it.
Especially, as others have pointed out, that it wouldn't really be
very useful at all.

--
Cheers,
Simon B,