IDLE - Customizing output format

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Sep 27 23:41:27 EDT 2006

At Wednesday 27/9/2006 09:29, Ilias Lazaridis wrote:

>import sys
>def f(obj):
>     if obj:
>         print '::: ' + repr(obj)
>sys.displayhook = f

Have you tried that? You have to filter out None, not *any* False value.

> > And notice that this replaces the output of *evaluated* expressions,
> > not any print statement executed inside your code.
>
>Any simple solution for this?

Displaying things interactively is not the same as executing a print
statement inside the code - I feel right they are not considered the
same thing.
print output goes to sys.stdout, you could replace it.

>I've looked a little at the code, but get immediately demotivated
>seeing 72 files within a flat directroy:
>
>http://svn.python.org/view/python/trunk/Lib/idlelib/?rev=52013

Remember that packages have not existed forever... I've seen worse things :)

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).