newbie IronPython compiled scripts speed question

dtlog agarwaengrc at blabla_yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 24 15:52:07 EDT 2006

Hello, and sorry if this has been asked before...
I searched the faqs at python.org and didn't find an answer:
does using IronPython, instead of CPython, and compiling the
scripts into native windows executables (I heard IronPython
can do that) result in faster execution times? Or is it just
a matter of convenience (for use in systems without python
installed)?

So the question is, should I switch to IronPython and compile
my scripts, or learn to use something like pyinline or Psyco?