Leave the putdowns in the Perl community, the Python world does not need them

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 10:03:06 EDT 2006

metaperl wrote:
> I was shocked to see the personal insults hurled in this thread:
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/d0758cb9545cad4b

I see that this is a Fredrik Lundh thread.  I've felt the same way
before, but Fredrik has been around a long time[1] and if you listen
through the sometimes sharp words, he really has a lot of intelligent
things to say.  All I can advise is that if you feel like Fredrik is
getting under your skin, take a deep breath and read a different thread
for a while.  I promise you, it's worth it!

STeVe

[1] He's the author of Python's unicode support and Python 2.5's
elementtree module.