How do I submit fixes for urllib2 & urlparse?

Neville CD NevilleDNZ.python at 3ttechnology.com
Mon Sep 25 07:51:33 EDT 2006

Basically I encountered some smallish problems with a couple of modules
and figure I can fix the problems.

I did find http://sourceforge.net/projects/python, should I report my
problem report there and then assign them to myself to fix (and create
test scripts).

As you can probably guess I have not provided python fixes before.

How complicated is this? eg I am using python 2.4 and 2.5b3.  Do I need
to get up to speed with 2.6(?) and fix this also?  As a newbie which
python mailing list should I subscribe to.

Please point me to the right URL to answer the above queries.

FYI: the problems I encountered are for:
1. Set-cookies in 302 urllib2.httpRedirects.
2. Location: header %20 format problem
3. urlparse.start_tag attribute parsing and HTML syntax error recovery.

Cheers
NevilleDNZ