Write to a binary file

Thomi Aurel RUAG A Aurel.Thomi at ruag.com
Wed Apr 4 12:40:10 EDT 2007

Hy
I'm using Python 2.4.2 on an ARM (PXA-270) platform (linux-2.6.17).
My Goal is to write a list of bytes down to a file (opened in binary
mode) in one cycle. The crux is that a '0x0a' (line feed) will break the
cycle of one writing into several pieces. Writing to a "simple" file,
this wouldn't cause any problem.

Assuming - without questioning ;-) - that a device file (/dev/*) has to
be written in one cycle because one write call will be interpreted as
one "transaction". The write behaviour on line feed's isn't really
usefull because such "transactions" would be broken up into serveral
pieces and therefore for the device into several "transactions".

Is there a possibility to write a list of bytes "en bloc" to a binary
file? (without the interpreting of the line feed's)
Opening a file i binary mode (i.e "wb") seems not to be enough.

Thank you for any help
Aurel