Debugging multithreaded program using Eclipse/Pydev

John Henry john106henry at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 6 15:32:22 EDT 2007

I am back against the wall trying to migrate my multithreaded
application from Python 2.3 to 2.5.   The part of the code that's
failing has to do with queues (2.3 queues and 2.5 queues are not the
same).   Since WingIDE doesn't support multithread debugging (they've
been saying that one day they might support that - and that was 2003),
I am starting to look for alternatives.

>From what I can gather, it appears the only *real* option I have is to
debug under Eclipse/Pydev.  I did a google search of this newsgroup
and didn't turn up too many hits.  Before I invest the time to learn
Eclipse/Pydev, I like to hear from somebody that have gone this path.
Have you been successful in using Eclipse/Pydev to debug multi-
threaded Python applications?  Is so, what was the learning curve like
to you?

Thanks,