List of Objects

datamonkey.ryan at gmail.com datamonkey.ryan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 22:58:35 EDT 2007

Howdy, a (possibly) quick question for anyone willing to listen.
I have a question regarding lists and Classes; I have a class called
"gazelle" with several attributes (color, position, etc.) and I need
to create a herd of them. I want to simulate motion of individual
gazelles, but I don't want to have to go through and manually update
the position for every gazelle (there could be upwards of 50). I was
planning to create an array of these gazelle classes, and I was going
to iterate through it to adjust the position of each gazelle. That's
how I'd do it in C, anyway. However, Python doesn't support pointers
and I'm not quite sure how to go about this. Any help you can provide
would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

-Ryan