Python editor/IDE on Linux?

Christoph Haas email at christoph-haas.de
Fri Apr 13 15:11:02 EDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 11:20:23AM -0700, Jack wrote:
> I wonder what everybody uses for Python editor/IDE on Linux?
> I use PyScripter on Windows, which is very good. Not sure if
> there's something handy like that on Linux. I need to do some
> development work on Linux and the distro I am using is Xubuntu.

We should do a weekly poll. :) Seriously - this question is coming up
very frequently and everybody has their preference.

Large list:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/IntegratedDevelopmentEnvironments

My (current) favorite:
pida (exists as a ready package on Debian as derivates like Xubuntu)

pida because it embeds the 'vim' editor which I love and adds useful
features without really getting in my way. And it's the only IDE I found
that supports bazaar-ng (bzr) repositories.

 Christoph