Beginner Ping program

Linus Cohen linus at fixedstars.com.au
Sat Apr 28 06:19:39 EDT 2007

Actually the class ping bit is a placeholder. I'm actually developing
a module with python implementations of most standard network/internet
tools such as telnet, tracert, whois etc. It will be called inettools,
and the ping function is what I'm working on first. It should be a
simple enough job to code in the features the Unix and DOS ping
programs have(never stop, change size, change timeout).
As I am typing this, I'm looking through ping.c to see what I can
glean. It probably won't be much. My experience with C is very little.
As in, microscopic. Pretty much all the coding I've done up till now
has been shell scripting.

Cheers,
Linus