About installing new Python version.

king kikapu aboudouvas at panafonet.gr
Thu Apr 19 05:56:08 EDT 2007

On Apr 19, 11:39 am, half.ital... at gmail.com wrote:
> On Apr 19, 2:03 am, king kikapu <aboudou... at panafonet.gr> wrote:
>
> > Hi to all,
>
> > i started with Python at v2.5 and now i see that a new version is
> > released.
> > As i already have a lot of stuff for Python installed in the site-
> > packages directory, which is the correct way to install a new Python
> > version without do any damage ?
>
> > Remove Python and ALL Python related software and install them all
> > over again (painful)?
> > Remove Python and do not touch anything else and install new version
> > on top of them at the same directory ?
> > Any other choice available ?
>
> > Thanks a lot for any help!
>
> Just install the new version. It should link everything back up so the
> new version is active, but the old versions are intact.
>
> ~Sean

I installed 2.5.1 and as the installer said, it have replaced my old
installation with the new one, something like i wanted to do! So i
checked and everything seems to working fine. But this is an update
release to 2.5, i do not know what is happening when, for example, a
totally new Python version come out, like 2.6 or 2.7 or...