steven.bethard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 03:41:25 CEST 2007
> For as hard as you push pyparsing on this forum, I would think you
> would make it easier to download and install your module. In my
> opinion, the wiki should provide detailed installation instructions
> for all supported os's, and the sourceforge downloading process is too
FWIW, here's what works for me::
* Go to http://pyparsing.wikispaces.com/
* Click the link at the top that says "Download from SourceForge"
* Click the big green "Download Python parsing module" button
* Click the big green "Download" button next to "pyparsing-1.4.6"
* Click pyparsing-1.4.6.tar.gz
* Extract the dowloaded .tar.gz
* Use the standard python installation idiom "python setup.py install"
If you're not familiar with the standard Python installation idiom, take
a few minutes to read:
"Installing Python Modules"
In particular it starts with "The new standard: Distutils", which tells
you to try::
python setup.py install
More information about the Python-list