Custom Python Runtime

Jack nospam at invalid.com
Mon Apr 9 23:17:33 EDT 2007

Thanks for all the replies. It would be great to have all customization
related information on one doc page.

A few more questions:

1. One Windows, it's possible to zip all files in a Python24.zip. I'm not
very clear if it's used in the stardard distribution. What can,
and what can not be put into this file? I suppose zip file will help
reduce the distribution size.

2. I remember trying the compiler option to strip doc strings didn't
help but maybe I didn't do it right. I had to write some code to compile
selected py files. Is there a way to compile a stripped Python with
compile time options?

3. Some files go to the Windows\system32 directory, including some win32all
files. Can they be in the current directory as python.exe?

4. Are the registry entries necessary?

Thanks

news:2NudnVn5jsm2QIvbnZ2dnUVZ_vqpnZ2d at comcast.com...