phd at phd.pp.ru
Wed Apr 11 12:26:42 EDT 2007
I'm pleased to announce the 0.9.0b1 release of SQLObject, the first beta of
the upcoming 0.9 release.
What is SQLObject
SQLObject is an object-relational mapper. Your database tables are described
as classes, and rows are instances of those classes. SQLObject is meant to be
easy to use and quick to get started with.
SQLObject supports a number of backends: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and
Firebird. It also has newly added support for Sybase, MSSQL and MaxDB (also
known as SAPDB).
Where is SQLObject
News and changes:
News since 0.8
Features & Interface
* Support for Python 2.2 has been declared obsolete.
* Removed actively deprecated attributes;
lowered deprecation level for other attributes to be removed after 0.9.
* SQLite connection got columnsFromSchema(). Now all connections fully support
fromDatabase. There are two version of columnsFromSchema() for SQLite -
one parses the result of "SELECT sql FROM sqlite_master" and the other
uses "PRAGMA table_info"; the user can choose one over the other by using
"use_table_info" parameter in DB URI; default is False as the pragma is
available only in the later versions of SQLite.
* Changed connection.delColumn(): the first argument is sqlmeta, not
tableName (required for SQLite).
* SQLite connection got delColumn(). Now all connections fully support
delColumn(). As SQLite backend doesn't implement "ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN"
delColumn() is implemented by creating a new table without the column,
copying all data, dropping the original table and renaming the new table.
.. _Versioning: Versioning.html
* MySQLConnection got new keyword "conv" - a list of custom converters.
* Use logging if it's available and is configured via DB URI.
* New columns: TimestampCol to support MySQL TIMESTAMP type;
SetCol to support MySQL SET type;
TinyIntCol for TINYINT; SmallIntCol for SMALLINT;
MediumIntCol for MEDIUMINT; BigIntCol for BIGINT.
* Support for MySQL INT type attributes: UNSIGNED, ZEROFILL.
* Support for DEFAULT SQL attribute via defaultSQL keyword argument.
* Support for MySQL storage ENGINEs.
* cls.tableExists() as a shortcut for conn.tableExists(cls.sqlmeta.table).
* cls.deleteMany(), cls.deleteBy().
* idName can be inherited from the parent sqlmeta class.
For a more complete list, please see the news:
Oleg Broytmann http://phd.pp.ru/ phd at phd.pp.ru
Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.
More information about the Python-list