My python annoyances so far

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 16:31:29 EDT 2007

On Apr 25, 11:50 pm, fli... at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all. I'm learning python these days. I'm going to use this thread
> to post, from time to time, my annoyances with python. I hope someone
> will clarify things to me where I have misunderstood them.
>
> Annoyances:
>
> 1. Underscores! What's the deal with that? Especially those double
> underscores. The best answer I read on this is that the double
> underscores denotes special methods that the interpreter may
> automatically use. For example, 4+4 get expanded by the interpreter to
> 4.__add__(4).

I can understand this one. I don't have a problem with this myself,
but a lot of people find the proliferation of underscores in Python
bewildering. All I can say about it is that you soon get used to it -
and the separation is a good enough reason for me.

Fuzzyman
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/index.shtml