Python COM iterator

Ross Ridge rridge at caffeine.csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Apr 19 14:39:26 EDT 2007

Larry Bates wrote:
> I tested in VB and by golly it works!  What is odd is that this looks
> NOTHING like what we got from the docs earlier.  No GetEnumerator
> method, no MoveNext method.  I'm glad it works, but I'm a little
> puzzled as to why it works.

The documention Carsten Haese referenced earlier was for the .NET version
of VisualBasic, and shows how to use .NET's IEnumerate and IEnumerable
interfaces.

Steve Holden  <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
>Presumably the magic of mark Hammond's wrapper classes providing
>adaptation between Python iteration and COM enumerable collection
>objects. win32all is *very* Pythonic.

Maybe Mark Hammond's win32all provides such a magic wrapper, but Cartsen
Haese's example didn't use it.  Instead it provided it own implementation
of the COM IEnumVARIANT interface, the OLE Automation (ie. VisualBasic
6 compatable) way implementing iteratable objects.

					Ross Ridge

--
 l/  //	  Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo]  rridge at csclub.uwaterloo.ca