scipy 0.52 det crashes python

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 18:04:47 EDT 2007

Peter Maas wrote:
> I tried some scipy examples using scipy 0.52, numpy 1.02 and python 2.5 on
> a WinXP SP2 machine. numpy.linalg.det() works but scipy.linalg.det()
> crashes python. Has anybody experienced this and can point me to a solution?

Most likely your build of scipy was built with an ATLAS library that uses SSE2
instructions (IIRC) while your processor doesn't support those instructions. The
solution is to rebuild scipy with an ATLAS library built for your platform.

You will want to ask more scipy questions on the scipy lists, though:

  http://www.scipy.org/Mailing_Lists

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."