Byte-Array to String

Robert Rawlins - Think Blue robert.rawlins at thinkbluemedia.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 04:51:42 EDT 2007

Morning Steve,

That stuff looks mighty promising, I did play around with the toString()
function yesterday but couldn't get the damned thing working. The syntax has
me a little muddled, perhaps you can help out on this by taking a look at my
code.

#!/usr/bin/python

import dbus

bus = dbus.SystemBus()

obj = bus.get_object('org.bluez', '/org/bluez')

obj = bus.get_object('org.bluez', '/org/bluez/hci0')

adapter = dbus.Interface(obj, 'org.bluez.Adapter')

# Search For Obex Push Protocol

result = adapter.GetRemoteServiceHandles('00:17:B0:A0:E7:09', 'opp')

result2 = adapter.GetRemoteServiceRecord('00:17:B0:A0:E7:09', result[0])

Now 'result2' is basically that byte array, Unfortunately the API doesn't
give any more information other than that the function returns a array{byte}
so I can't really shed any more light on that however if I can just get it
to output all the elements from that array then I will know which one it is
I'm looking for.

I tried to implement your suggestions below as they look pretty safe, but I
couldn't get it to work, my syntax is pretty confused as I'm so new to the
language. Like I say, there is only one element of the array I'm interested
in, I just need to see them all before I know which it is.

Thanks again Steve,

Rob