Getting started with python

Eric_Dexter at msn.com Eric_Dexter at msn.com
Sun Apr 15 09:49:08 EDT 2007

On Apr 14, 7:46 pm, "Eric" <erichapk... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, after reading some of the book Programming Python it seems that
> python is something I would like to delve deeper into. The only thing
> is, I have no idea what I should try and write. So I was hoping that
> someone here could help point me to a group/project that would be a
> good starting place for a person with limited python knowledge, but
> that is willing to learn whatever is necessary. I'm hoping that with a
> goal I can start to learn python instead of just playing around with
> it. Thanks.

If you want to play around with simple graphics and writing simple
ascii files to disk then dex tracker may be a good project for you.  I
am currently playing around with generating random sounds to disk and
random rythoms.  (I also have a harder graphics problem that when I
solve will break the music program wide open).  https://sourceforge.net/projects/dex-tracker
You would go to the (project homepage) website for dependencies
http://www.stormpages.com/edexter/csound.html (not all are required
for all sub-programs but you do want wxwindows).  It would probily be
cool to expand the idea into non-random series of numbers and I have
just started to code this particular tool.  I can upload it to my
google groups if you are intrested