Python Web Servers and Page Retrievers

Collin Stocks collinstocks at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 18:08:43 EDT 2007

I tried it, and when checking it using a proxy, saw that it didn't really
work, at least in the version that I have (urllib v1.17 and urllib2 v2.5).
It just added that header onto the end, therefore making there two
User-Agent headers, each with different values. I might add that my script
IS able to retrieve search pages from Google, whereas both urllibs are
FORBIDDEN with the headers that they use.