frame of Qt program

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 05:14:34 EDT 2007

On Monday 02 April 2007 9:45 am, Marco wrote:
> Hi,
>  I want to write a PyQt4 program, which like a graph-ssh. One side
> user choose server moder, and other side(s) user choose client mode.
> Both of them have a GUI, they can connect via socket.
>
>  I have study PyQt4 for a while and learn a little socket(from W.R
> Stevens Unix Networking Programming). But I donot know how to integer
> both of them.
>
>  What the frame of this kind of program looked like? Or is there some
> example?

Look at the network examples included with PyQt4. Particularly
fortuneclient.py and fortuneserver.py.

PyQt4 has its own network classes that are fully integrated with the event
loop making it easy to write GUI/network applications. As threads also have
an event loop its also easy to push the network handling out to separate
threads. The next version of Qt will add support for SSL.

Phil