Ligmail bug?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sun Aug 12 22:06:00 EDT 2007

Ed Leafe wrote:
> On Aug 12, 2007, at 7:06 AM, Steve Holden wrote:
>
>> [Please reply via the list when a response is made via the list.
>> You may
>> now have detached the follow-ups from your original question, but at
>> least if you use the list there's a chance someone else will help
>> you if
>> I give up or don't have time. Note I have sent this response to the
>> list; you are Cc'd to make sure you pick it up even though it may not
>> appear in the same thread.]
>
> 	I've seen others comment on this, so I'll throw in my 2 cents.
>
> 	The default behavior for this list should be to reply to the list,
> as you have pointed out. Yet for some unfathomable reason, the
> keepers of the list have set it up to default to reply to the
> original sender. This is nothing short of stupid, and I cast my vote
> (if I even have one) for changing this default to a more intelligent
> one, if for no other reason than to not have to constantly read
> comments like this chiding someone for acting in a predictable fashion.

Since I subscribe to the newsgroup rather than to the mailing list I
don't see that behavior. It's by far the most convenient way to interact
with c.l.py, and gmane.org makes it easy to do so with Firefox or
Outlook Express. I've never really understood why Outlook doesn't
include an NNTP client. I presume Apple Mail (which appears in your
headers) doesn't act as a newsreader either?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119