Wing IDE for Python v. 3.0 beta1 released

John K Masters johnmasters at oxtedonline.net
Wed Aug 1 18:42:19 EDT 2007

On 18:23 Wed 01 Aug     , Steve Holden wrote:
> Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> > On Wednesday 01 August 2007 13:53, Robert Dailey wrote:
> >> He's secretly an employee of Wing IDE in disguise!!!
> >
> > Sorry to destroy your conspiracy theories, but no, I've never been employed
> > by Wing IDE in any fashion, nor have I ever received any monetary
> > compensation from them in any form.  Just a satisfied user.  That's all.

> Me too, and I have to say the response I have had to all my technical
> support requests has been first-class. Maybe they are busy because
> they're in beta? I know they aren't the largest company, but they can
> stand comparison with most when it comes to support.
>
> I can't think of any other products I use where you can contact the
> support team from right inside the software. And get answers without
> paying per-incident support fees!
>
> regards
>   Steve
> --

I am happy to hear that you have had a good experience with wingide and
I wish I could say the same as I have found the product to be excellent
as far as the concept goes but lacking in the implementation.

To suggest that, because the autocompletion worked on one method of a
module and not on another was because I had not configured the
PYTHONPATH properly is at least insulting.

Regards, John
--
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography
uggest that mbrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)