Extending doctest

Neil Cerutti horpner at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 11:11:18 EDT 2007

One of my current tests looks like this (the program is an
interpreter for a scheme-like language):

    >>> result = parse_op('(with (b (newbox 5))'
    ... '                   (seqn (setbox b 1)'
    ... '                         (setbox b 2)'
    ... '                         (setbox b 3)'
    ... '                         b))').interp(EmptyEnv(), EmptyStore())
    >>> result #doctest: +ELLIPSIS
    (<Box ...>, ~...: <Num 3> ~)
    >>> result[0].location == result[1].location
    True

The memrory location that the box refers to must match the actual
location in storage. Currently, the doctest stinks because it
depends on internal details of my implementation.

Is there a doctest feature that will allow me to stipulate that
one thing in a result is arbitrary, but identical to another
thing in that result?

--
Neil Cerutti
Trespassers will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law --sign at Sisters