python socket usage

Oğuz Yarımtepe comp.ogz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 04:53:12 EDT 2007

On Thursday 16 August 2007 11:20:38 Gary Herron wrote:
> If you really want to send any Python object through a socket, look up
> the Pickle and cPickle modules.  These will marshal (as it's called) any
> Python object of any type and complexity into a byte string which can be
> sent across a socket.  On the receiving end of the socket, the byte
> string can be turned back into an equivalent Python object.
>
> Gary Herron

As i read pickle module is Python-spesific. I need to talk with a Java
application and get the infortion that it will send. What i do right now is
listening a socket and reding the string that is sent by the java
application. So the java application is sending a string and i am reading and
parsing it and getting the related infortion i need. A more professional way
may be the reading the object itself. Is it possible to get the array for ex.
object that is sent from the Java application with sockets?

--
Oğuz Yarımtepe
http://www.yarimtepe.com/en