Accessing Windows Network Share?

frikk frikker at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 13:58:53 EDT 2007

I previously posted about accessing SharePoint over the web. Well I
have since given up any easy means of doing this, since something else
has perked my interest.  Instead of going to http://sharepoint/site,
why not just access \\sharepoint\site\ directly?

So my question is this - How do I access that network share?

If I go to start -> run, and type in "\\SharPointServer\Site\Folder",
windows explorer will pop up with it.  I suppose I could have a little
batch script that python runs to map the drive to a local letter, like
J:, but this does not seem necessary.

Suggestions?

This does not work, for obvious reasons:
>>> import glob.glob
>>> glob.glob("\\\\server\\folder\\*")
[]

Thanks guys!