Tkinter or wxpython?

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 10:25:31 EDT 2007

On Aug 2, 7:00 pm, "wang frank" <f... at hotmail.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to build a GUI to execut python script. I found TKinter and
> wxpython. Which one is easier for a newbie? and which one is better?
>
> Thanks
>
> Frank

>  http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/msnjpqjl0060000010gbl/direct/01/

 I've read that Tkinter doesn't scale well if you're writing complex
GUIs. I haven't been able to test this hypothesis though. However,
since I had to rewrite VBA apps into Python, to get the right "look
and feel" I needed the widgets that wxPython provided. Since I started
out with C++, I find wxPython better than Tkinter, but it's all pretty
subjective. Try them both!

Mike