Python weather application

seancron seancron at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 15:45:43 EDT 2007

Does anybody have any suggestions for getting started on desigining a
desktop weather application in Python?

I've been looking for access to weather data and while I have found
several including the weather.com service I've decided to use the
Yahoo! Rss Weather feed since it doesn't have a license like the
weather.com service does. However one problem I have with it is that
it only accepts zip codes or locations ids.  So if a user was to enter
the name of the city instead of those two there would be an error. I
could make it so they could only enter in the location code or zip
code but I would really prefer to have it be automatically corrected.
Does anyone have ideas on how to go about this or have an other
suggestions?

Thanks,
Sean