how to run os.execv() to run command pslq dbname < gen.command

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Aug 4 09:23:10 EDT 2007

Sonu wrote:
> hello all ,
> i need to run psql from my py file,,
> for that i am using : os.execv(path for psql ,['psql dbname <
> gen.command'])
> but its not working ..........

I want to watch my TV, but it's not working. Can you tell me how to fix
it? ...

> the  command wht i want to run from this py file is :>>>psql dbname <
> gen.command
>
> where gen.command file contain some command to create csv file from
> database
>
> \o temp.csv
> \a
> \f ,
> select * from temp
>
> if u have any idea plz help me,,

Perhaps you could post your code, and a copy of the error messages you
see when you run this program? That will give a much better idea of what
the problem is.

You do realise that the snippet you posted isn't even legal Python, right?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119