question

CarpeSkium at gmail.com CarpeSkium at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 21:54:57 EDT 2007

On Aug 17, 2:34 pm, Peter Otten <__pete... at web.de> wrote:
>  CarpeSk... at gmail.com wrote:
> > "I've parsed a webpage into a text file. In doing so, I've kept all
> > the text I'm interested in, and removed all the text I don't want. My
> > result is a text file that iscomma-separated. However, the text file
> > is one, very long, single string. I need to substitute every eighth
> > (8th)commawith a new line ("\n"). I've tried regular expressions,
> > but don't know how to make this happen on only every eighthcomma. I'd
> > post my code, but none of it works. Thanks for the help."
>
> ...     key=lambda key, c=cycle([True]*8+[False]*8): c.next()))
> aaa,aaa,aaa,aaa,aaa,aaa,aaa,aaa
> aaa,aaa,aaa,aaa,aaa,aaa,aaa,aaa
> aaa,aaa,aaa,aaa,
>
> :-)
>
> Peter

Thanks Peter. I'll try that first thing Monday morning when I'm back
to work. It
is a totally different approach than what I was trying with regex.

And Shawn, I didn't post any of my work because the network I work on
isn't
connected to the internet. So it didn't seem constructive to re-type
all of my
failed code just to satisfy your "standards" of proving that I've been
trying to
hack this myself for the past few days. All in all, thanks for your,
uhhhh,
constructive comments.