Python for web development ...

marc wyburn marc.wyburn at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 22 12:24:39 EDT 2007

On Aug 22, 5:13 pm, thushiantha... at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have to do a web based application for my final year project. Since,
> i am only familiar with basic HTML and Java Script, i am totally new
> to this one. My friends are using LAMP (P->PHP). But i want to use
> Python. Is it possible to use Python with Apache and MySQL. Is it
> possible ? Any websites/books ?
>
> Thank you

there are a number of ways to do it.  I've used mod_python embedded
into Apache and it worked well and I found it easy to pick up and
advanced enough to do pretty much whatever I wanted.  There are in
depth docs and tutorials on the mod_python page. You could also look
at a preconfigured stacks like Turbogears or Django although they may
have many features you don't need.  Have a look at
http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks