curses library

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sat Aug 25 10:11:50 EDT 2007

Ghirai <ghirai at ghirai.com> writes:

> Are there any wrappers around curses/ncurses?

Python has its own 'curses' module in the standard library of course.

    <URL:http://docs.python.org/lib/module-curses>

That's if you want to work directly with the curses functionality,
which is rather low-level.

> Or any other similar libraries?

The library that I always think of when I think "Python ncurses
wrapper" is:

    Urwid is a console user interface library for Python.

    <URL:http://excess.org/urwid/>

Available as a package (e.g. 'python-urwid') in most GNU/Linux
distributions, or you can install it from the download link.

--
 \       "Pity the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."  -- Donald |
  `\                                              Robert Perry Marquis |