IDE for Python

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Wed Aug 29 22:09:54 EDT 2007

Ben Finney wrote:
> Stefan Behnel <stefan.behnel-n05pAM at web.de> writes:

> "Neither"? Emacs is both editor *and* IDE.

I think of it more as feature full but somehow unsatisfying.  For example, for
those of us PRDs ( Politely Referred to as Disabled) who are trying to program
by voice could use an enumeration of all symbols visible from a cursor on
outward through method, class, and file scope, etc.  then we can take we can
speak symbols and make them pronounceable as well as synthesize a grammar so
that one can refer to symbols in the object hierarchy by absolute paths as well
as individual symbols.

it's just an idea at this stage but it could be fun to see how well it would
work in real life