Compiling PythonD using DJGPP

-Lost maventheextrawords at techie.com
Wed Aug 8 06:18:02 EDT 2007

John Simeon's response:

> My problem is that I am getting a compiler error that I do not
> understand:
>
> gcc -c -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
> -I. -I./Include
>   -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Python/compile.o Python/compile.c
> Python/compile.c: In function 'optimize_code':
> Python/compile.c:512: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in
> signedness
> Python/compile.c: At top level:
> Python/compile.c:1038: error: two or more data types in declaration
> specifiers
> Python/compile.c:1232: error: two or more data types in declaration
> specifiers
> Python/compile.c: In function 'com_addbyte':
> Python/compile.c:1232: error: parameter name omitted
> Python/compile.c:1241: error: expected expression before 'unsigned'
> make.exe: *** [Python/compile.o] Error 1
>
> Does anyone have any ideas that could help shed some light on this and
> help me get back on track?

You realize this is not a Python question right?  Or rather, it is not an
error specific to Python.  It is an error related to a specific compiler,
and more specifically a non-standard implementation of Python.

You'd have much better luck following the advice of the author of PythonD
and and taking this question to [ news:comp.os.msdos.djgpp ].

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail.  Don't e-mail me.  I am