fcntl problems

Michael J. Fromberger Michael.J.Fromberger at Clothing.Dartmouth.EDU
Fri Aug 31 14:25:01 EDT 2007

In article <1188573280.155018.109360 at o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
 "mhearne808[insert-at-sign-here]gmail[insert-dot-here]com"
 <mhearne808 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking at my flock(3) man page, I'm guessing that "35" is the error
> code for EWOULDBLOCK.  Which system header file am I supposed to look
> in to figure that magic number out?

On a MacOS system, you can find them in /usr/include/sys/errno.h
On a Linux system, try /usr/include/asm-generic/errno.h

However, if you're writing in Python, you will probably have an easier
time using the "errno" module, e.g.,

 ] import errno
 ] errno.errorcode[35]
 'EDEADLOCK'

Note that some codes have multiple names (e.g., EAGAIN and EWOULDBLOCK)
so that this lookup may not return exactly the name you're expecting.

Cheers,
-M

--
Michael J. Fromberger             | Lecturer, Dept. of Computer Science
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~sting/  | Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, USA