Python on Computation, Math and Statistics

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Sun Aug 19 15:53:17 EDT 2007

W. Watson schrieb:
> Google? What's that? Thanks. I like to get a insider's view when I know
> experts are out there. So now I ask a deeper question. Are there matrix
> computation libraries or even statistical (regression, factor analysis)
> libraries?

That's your idea of an "in depth question"?

Did you even consider googling the projects I told you about? Reading up
on them just the tiniest?

http://www.scipy.org/

"""
SciPy (pronounced "Sigh Pie") is open-source software for mathematics,
science, and engineering. It is also the name of a very popular
conference on scientific programming with Python. The SciPy library
depends on NumPy, which provides convenient and fast N-dimensional array
manipulation. The SciPy library is built to work with NumPy arrays, and
provides many user-friendly and efficient numerical routines such as
routines for numerical integration and optimization. Together, they run
on all popular operating systems, are quick to install, and are free of
charge. NumPy and SciPy are easy to use, but powerful enough to be
depended upon by some of the world's leading scientists and engineers.
If you need to manipulate numbers on a computer and display or publish
the results, give SciPy a try!
"""

Or do you wish a comprehensive overview as Powerpoint presentation in
your favorite colors?

Diez