Python Unicode to String conversion

thijs.braem at gmail.com thijs.braem at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 18:55:16 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm having quite some troubles trying to convert Unicode to String
(for use in psycopg, which apparently doesn't know how to cope with
unicode strings).

The error I keep having is something like this:
ERREUR:  Séquence d'octets invalide pour le codage «UTF8» : 0xe02063

(sorry, locale is french, it means "byte sequence invalid for encoding
<<utf8>>", the value is probably an e with one of the french accents)

I've found lots of stuff about this googling the error, but I don't
seem to be able to find a "works always"-function just to convert a
unicode variable back to string...

If someone could find me a solution, that'd really be a lifesaver.
I've been losing hours and hours over this one :s

thijs