Regular expression use

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Aug 24 09:17:48 EDT 2007

In article <famdl6$p9j$1 at gemini.csx.cam.ac.uk>,
Nick Maclaren <nmm1 at cus.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

>For reasons that I won't explain, as they are too complicated
>and not terribly relevant, I am interested in discovering what
>people actually use regular expressions for.  Not the subject
>domain, but the construction of the regular expressions.

Your question as phrased makes no sense to me.  For that matter, it isn't
even a question.  ;-)

Side note: please don't cross-post between c.l.py and c.l.perl.* -- the
group cultures are different and it's too easy to start flamewars.

"If you don't know what your program is supposed to do, you'd better not
start writing it."  --Dijkstra