libgmail failure

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Wed Aug 22 19:11:29 EDT 2007

james.p.news at gmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 22, 10:26 am, James Stroud <jstr... at mbi.ucla.edu> wrote:
>> Have you thought about spoofing explorer? Always spoof explorer.
>>
>> James
>

> I have not heard of this.  How do you spoof IE in libgmail?

You might have to edit libgmail.py directly and add a header to the
urllib2.Request() call. Here are the relevant lines from some code I
wrote (spoofing netscape it looks like):

user_agent = 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT)'
txheaders =  {'User-agent' : user_agent}
req = urllib2.Request(pda, signin_params, txheaders)

See if this doesn't fix you up.

James