Which GUI toolkit (was: Tkinter or wxpython?)

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Tue Aug 7 09:53:19 EDT 2007

In article <mailman.1689.1186424331.22759.python-list at python.org>,
Bryan Hepworth  <bryan at redfedora.co.uk> wrote:
			.
		[waaaaaaay too
		much quoted text
		for my taste]
			.
>> I'm not trying to claim that there are no benefits to web
>> applications. But I often see people touting the web as a *superior
>> application platform*, which is simply false, and as innately simpler
>> to develop for, which is also false.
>>
>I'm also in a similar predicament starting to look at Python for the
>first time.
>
>I'd be curious to know peoples take on other GUI's like pygtk and pyqt
>for example to get a fuller picture. As a total newbie the list seems
>daunting so taking advantage of other peoples experiences seems like a
>good idea.
>
>Bryan

The traditional answer is, "We've already discussed that far too
often; go search the comp.lang.python archive on your own, because
all the answers are there."

I regard that as unhelpful.  <URL:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/ChoosingGuiToolkits > *could* be a good
answer, but it's not, at least not yet.  Perhaps the best immediate
help is <URL: http://wiki.python.org/moin/GuiProgramming >.

Even better, maybe:  read through these materials, start to integrate
your own findings into what the Wiki already makes available, and
likely others of us will pitch in.