Dead lock in pymat after using threading?

Python list python at lindin.eu
Tue Aug 28 06:37:08 EDT 2007

"Hi,

I'm having problems using the package pymat after using threading, e.g. the
line:

#
h = pymat.open()
#

is not possible to fully execute after the lines:

#
import threading
from time import sleep

def SlpFcn():
    sleep(5)
    print "end of sleep"

trd = threading.Thread(target=SlpFcn)
trd.start()
#

MATLAB is started as it should, but the python interpreter does not answer
and has to be shut
down using CTRL+ALT+DEL. After restarting the interpreter it is possible to
use pymat again
without problems (seems to be some kind of memory issue).

What differences between before and after threading are there, that could
cause these problems?
("del trd" or "gc.collect" after the threading, does not solve my problem.)
I'm using Python 2.2 in ControlDesk, Windows XP.

Thanks,