deselect an iterm in ListBox wxPython

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 09:39:02 EDT 2007

On Aug 11, 2:53 am, Bailu <lingyun.y... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I am a newbie in wxPython and doing a program with ListBox,
> I want to select and deselect items in this box,
> I have use
>
> self.devlist = wx.ListBox(self, style=wx.LB_MULTIPLE)
> self.Bind(wx.EVT_LISTBOX, self.select_dev, self.devlist)
>
> to create this box, but don't know how to implement self.select_dev
> to find out which one is clicked
>
> deselect it, if it was selected  ( this is not working at default)
> select it, if it was not (toggle)
>
> The default behavior is, the selection is increasing, I can't deselect
> any of them.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Lingyun

You should look at the wxPython demo's code for the wx.ListBox. It
looks like they use the wx.EVT_LISTBOX event. See below:

<code>
# this writes to a multiline TextCtrl
self.log.WriteText('EvtListBox: %s, %s, %s, %s\n' %
                           (event.GetString(),
                            event.IsSelection(),
                            event.GetSelection(),
                            event.GetClientData()))
</code>

I'm not sure, but I think it uses the SetSelection() method to select
an item, which seems to deselect the previously selected item...at
least, that's how I interpret the demo.

The demo is here: http://wxpython.org/download.php

If you need additional help, try posting to the wxPython User's group:
http://wxpython.org/maillist.php

Regards,

Mike