urllib2.urlopen(url) pulling something other than HTML

dogatemycomputer at gmail.com dogatemycomputer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 16:48:36 EDT 2007

Those responses were both very helpful.  John's additional type
checking is straight forward and easy to implement.  I will also
rewrite the application a second time using the class Gabriel
offered.  Both of these suggestions will help gain some insight into
how Python works.

"Don't even try to understand it - it's a mess. Use the HTMLParser
module instead."

I personally think the application itself "feels" more complicated
than it needs to be but its possible that is just my inexperience. I'm
going to do some reading about the HTMLParser module.  I'm sure I
could make this spider a bit more functional in the process.

Thank you again for all of your help!!