How to setup pyOpenGL3.0.a6 for window xp?

Jason tenax.raccoon at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 12:40:46 EDT 2007

On Aug 17, 6:42 pm, Carl Banks <pavlovevide... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Windows comes with OpenGL libraries.  However, before you can use
> OpenGL you'll need a package that can provide an OpenGL context, which
> PyOpenGL doesn't do (easily).
>
> PyGame is the typical choice for most uses.  If all you need is a
> simple window to draw on, this is the package you want.
>
> However, it doesn't (easily) work with common GUIs like GTK and Wx.
> If you want to use use OpenGL in a GUI app, then you'll want to find
> an "OpenGL canvas widget" for that GUI.
>
> Carl Banks

Sorry Carl, but I'm a bit confused with your third paragraph.  Do you
mean that PyGame doesn't work easily with Wx/GTK, or that OpenGL
doesn't work easily with Wx/GTK?

If it's the second, then I must disagree.  wxPython comes with an
OpenGL widget in the "wx.glcanvas" module.  The widget only requires
PyOpenGL.  The wxPython Demo shows how to set up and program the
widget quite easily.  Another example is at: "http://
aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/325392".

Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with PyGTK.  Their FAQ
does indicate that you need an extension to add OpenGL support.

  --Jason