Allowing Arbitrary Indentation in Python

Sam L33tminion at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:46:44 EST 2007

On Dec 19, 11:09 am, gDog <gslindst... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Sam-
>
> I'm not wanting to start a flame war, either, but may I ask why does
> your friend want to do that?  I'm always intrigued by the folks who
> object to the indentation rules in Python, even though I've always
> tried to keep consistent indentation in all the languages I've used
> (and I've been at this since the 1980's).  Even my Perl coding friends
> tend to insist on indents being aligned.  I'm just curious, that's
> all.
>
> Thanks,
> --greg

His comments on the subject are in the LiveJournal comment I linked to
in my original post.  I think it's mostly an idiosyncratic thing; he's
used to laying out GUI elements in a hierarchy using tabs (in some
language that allows arbitrary tabs) and now that he's experimenting
with the (new?) Python API for the same toolkit, he wishes he could
use the same coding style.