Is there *any* real documentation to PyWin32?

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 10:57:02 EST 2007

On Dec 20, 6:35 am, Benoit <benoit.barberou... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand that the Win32 has been said to be itself poorly
> documented, so perhaps that the documentation that comes with the
> modules is of similar quality is no coincidence.  Maybe I'm still too
> young in my programming to grasp the good of that documentation, but
> for myself, it tells me next to nothing.  Could anyone point me to
> anything which may exist that does a better job of explaining the
> extensions' use?  I tried to take a look @ Microsoft's documentation,
> but it was confusing.

There is Mark Hammond's book [1] about python-win32 though I haven't
used it and don't know if it contains anything that would be helpful
to you.
It is rather old now but some claim that is not important. [2]

Personally I consider Python-win32 to be docware -- software that is
sufficiently difficult to use with the included free documentation
that many people will just buy the $$$ documentation.  Numpy is
another prominent example of docware.  A misappropriation of the good-
will value of legitimate open source software.

[1]http://www.amazon.com/Python-Programming-Win32-Windows-Programmers/
dp/1565926218/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198165983&sr=1-1
[2]
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/e5a1f274ec411cbe/78b1390a6f6d75b2?hl=en&lnk=st&q=com+win32+(doc+OR+documentation)+group%3Acomp.lang.python#78b1390a6f6d75b2