Best way to protect my new commercial software.

BlueBird phil at freehackers.org
Mon Dec 10 06:59:33 EST 2007

On Dec 10, 8:15 am, farsheed <rodmena.... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wrote a software and I want to protect it so can not be cracked
> easily. I wrote it in python and compile it using py2exe. what is the
> best way in your opinion?

I used SoftwarePassport ( http://www.siliconrealms.com/ ) for exactly
this.

I have found it to be very complete, with many possible scheme: trial
period, multiple licence schemes, lock on hardware, moveable
installation, ...

Although it will not stop a highly dedicated hacker, it will raise the
barrier very high for breaking the protected software. A few of the
memory protection were incompatible with py2exe, so you need to
carefully test your program. But for me, it was a breeze to setup and
use.