"Python" is not a good name, should rename to "Athon"

Tóth Csaba tsabi at tsabi.hu
Mon Dec 3 13:11:37 EST 2007

Russ P. írta:
> Python is a "funny" name -- in both senses of the word. No? Then
> why did a comedy team adopt it?

Python name is not funny for me. Even the Monty Python, because its hard
to translate their jokes, and in my country they are not so popular.
Just a few ppl knows them.

Newton is a well knowed name in the world, and it is more serious than a
comedy's name. For the past years a comedy's and a funny name maybe was
ok for the language, but now we arrived into a serious era. more bank
and high risk company starts to use it. Its really time to have a better
name than anything what is comes from "funny".

Think to "Pascal". The idea to use a genius's name is well knowed and used.
If Newton is not ok (btw i think it is, he was a genius that time. and i
dont care about personalities, like arrogant.. or what kind of
scientist. that time phisics and math was very close, it hasnt got so
tight border than today.), than look for another great scientist what is
not reserved. But newton is very good: small, sounds well, great
scientist or with another word: genius, already died, etc.

tsabi