"Python" is not a good name, should rename to "Athon"

cokofreedom at gmail.com cokofreedom at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 11:22:55 EST 2007

The only reason to change the name would be because of some serious
bad PR that came onto Python, thus causing its branding name to be
catagorized as something bad.

However this is not the case, presently, and the brand name is well
established and accepted. There is no reason to change its name and
while this conversation has now turned completely off this, I do not
know why you dislike it so much.

It is a rather catchy, easy to spell and say name, that "rolls off the
tongue". Frankly all the other suggested names just do not fit to me.

Why change what isn't broken?